Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Laying Hands on the Sick

18“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,

19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

21and he began by saying to them,
“Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” Luke 4


Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Matt 10:8


the question is not “Can I?” but “Can He?” of course He can …

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which
I now live in the flesh
I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,
and gave himself for me. Galations 2:20

I received a phone call from my aunt saying
she was having some stomach upset, vomited,
weak and could not walk properly …
she said it might be virus attack …
got it from her neighbour or something …

I went there, bought her some food, as it was Sunday afternoon,
the clinics were all closed, there was nothing much I could do …

Before I knocked her house’ door, I plead the blood of Christ
over the doorpost of her house…
I cleaned up her house a little and put the food aside for her to take later …
then I walked over to her bed where she was laying there,
laid hand and prayed over her

“Jesus, by Your stripes she is healed, no virus attack, no diarrhoea,
blood pressure and sugar levels return to normal. Amen”

and shortly after I left, she took the packet of noodles,
finished it with no stomach upset,
and she was able to go out with her friends
who were all waiting for her on the bus.
my aunt is in her 60s …

I must tell you what happened after
I went back around half past two in the afternoon …

I was worried, yes, worried … I was wondering how she was feeling …
I telephoned her around dinner time to check her out …
and no one came to answer the call …

I thought she was so weak that she could not
walk over to pick up the phone …
such was my faith …

so I waited and waited till she phoned me …
all the time I was still a little worried …
till I heard her voice and she told me about her excursion
and what have you …
and she asked if it was because I prayed for her …

all the time I was giving credit to the new pills
she took which her neighbour gave her before I arrived …
seems like she had more faith in my prayer and my God than I myself …

sometimes, it is not our faith, many times it is just not our faith, but
what really matters most is HIS FAITH, and our faithfulness to obey His voice
it was rather awkward because I am not a full time staff in a church,
nor a pastoral staff for that matter, and I seldom lay hands and heal the sick …
what an experience … and what a privilege …

let us not be weary of doing good …
and let us not be complacent that we do not even step out of our comfort zone
to just see how our loved ones are doing … or if they need any help …

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe:
In my name they will drive out demons;
they will speak in new tongues;

18 they will pick up snakes with their hands;
and when they drink deadly poison,
it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people,
and they will get well.” Matt 16:17,18

Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Proverbs 3:16

We bless our children by speaking praises and blessings over them
and laying hands on them blessing them with long life, riches and honor.

Jesus is wisdom personified, if we lay our hands as His hands on the sick
we are not only imparting long life, length of days
(everyday is a happy and fulfilling day in the Lord)
we are blessing them with riches and honor too.
Google

Destined to Reign by Pastor Joseph Prince