Saturday, November 25, 2023

Guard our thoughts and mind

“Keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising him always.” ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Have we ever encountered that someone said something to us that made us feel so angry? 

Do you know what happened to me? I found myself digging up the past and recounting what this person did, what another person did and what happened previously and so on. 

I found myself giving in to one negative thought after another. I felt like someone fueling the negative thoughts like to a fire. Until I felt so depressed. Then I behaved badly towards my good friends finding faults with them too. 

It was really bad and I found myself asking the Lord, why Lord are THEY doing this to me? 

It was then that the Lord addressed me. What are you filling your mind with? Rubbish? Or pure things, beautiful things and things that build up? Immediately I switched my mind towards the Lord and these tormenting negative thoughts just disappeared from my mind and I felt a sense of peace in my heart. 

Yes, it is so true to guard our heart above anything else. Our peace is so important to us. Don't we think so?  


“Christ’s resurrection is your resurrection too. This is why we are to yearn for all that is above, for that’s where Christ sits enthroned at the place of all power, honor, and authority! Yes, feast on all the treasures of the heavenly realm and fill your thoughts with heavenly realities, and not with the distractions of the natural realm. Your crucifixion with Christ has severed the tie to this life, and now your true life is hidden away in God in Christ. And as Christ himself is seen for who he really is, who you really are will also be revealed, for you are now one with him in his glory!” ‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭4‬ ‭TPT‬‬
Google

Destined to Reign by Pastor Joseph Prince